This program is delivered through face-to-face sessions or by using a blended approach through uLearn, RudTek’s Learning Portal which includes access to resources, opens the door to discussion groups and other relevant materials to assist you in your learning. You can start anytime.
Candidates will undertake:
- training to gain their underpinning knowledge and skills requirements
- assessment tasks to test their knowledge and skills
- workplace projects to demonstrate their learning within a workplace
- third party verification to confirm
This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
You will learn how to:
- communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation
- conduct effective formal and informal meetings
- prepare reports for a range of target groups
- form an appropriate investigation team
- provide advice and support to individuals and parties during implementation of WHS policies
- identify how improvements will be implemented and resourced
- apply knowledge of workplace hazards and risks to contribute to risk identification
- identify areas for WHS improvement
- investigate WHS incidents in a systematic manner
- using WHSMS and other software
- develop and implement a risk control plan and evaluate risk controls
- access and download internal and external information and data on WHS
A key point of difference is RudTek’s flexibility in its delivery and assessment options, with each candidate choosing what is best for them.
WHS Manager, WHS Practitioner, Senior WHS Officer.