This program is delivered through face-to-face sessions or by using a blended approach through uLearn, RudTek’s Learning Portal which includes access to resources, opens the door to discussion groups and other relevant materials to assist you in your learning. You can start anytime.
Candidates will undertake:
- training to gain their underpinning knowledge and skills requirements.
- assessment tasks to test their knowledge and skills
- workplace projects to demonstrate their learning within a workplace
- third party verification to confirm
This qualification is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
You will learn how to:
- communicate and explain the work health and safety management system (WHSMS) plan to others in relation to their roles and responsibilities, and facilitate their contribution to implementation of the plan
- contribute to the identification and assessment of barriers to the implementation and effectiveness of work health and safety (WHS) consultation and participation processes
- use a range of software and communication media
- provide training to meet legal and other requirements
- assist with obtaining information from those involved regarding actions and events leading up to, or occurring during or after an incident
- contribute to setting up and running WHS consultation and participation processes
- establish and build relationships
- contribute to the implementation of the WHS policy as it applies to own work area and job role
A key point of difference is RudTek’s flexibility in its delivery and assessment options, with each candidate choosing what is best for them.
WHS Coordinators/Officers, Supervisors, PMs, Engineers, Superintendents, Managers.