WORKING SAFELY AT HEIGHTS
The aim of this training is to impart to the participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. Work safely at Heights is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
On successful completion of the theory component and onsite practical exercise students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following unit.
- RIIWHS204D Working safely at heights
Find out more about this course.
This course is broken into two (2) parts:
Part 1: Theory
- A one (1) day trainer led session, will take students through a power point and assessment workbook, this includes:group discussions, case studies, exercises.
- The assessment is open book and will be completed gradually in stages as the day progresses. A 100% pass mark is required. Two (2) attempts at the theory component are permitted; trainer assistance is available for a second attempt.
You will learn how to:
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
Part 2: Practical
Students will complete the practical component working at heights, climbing ladders / heights structure, attaching fall restraint equipment , complete SWMS, risk assessments, for final assessment.
- English reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to work at heights