|COURSE DATE||DURATION / TYPE||REMAINING / LOCATION|
To become an accredited traffic management implementation officer (TMI Officer) in Queensland you are required to successfully complete an approved training course.
This course is broken into two (2) parts:
Part 1: Theory
- An 8 hour instructor led session including: lectures, group discussion, case studies, exercises and written assessment
- Trained in the application of the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Principles for implementing Traffic Management Plans
- Legislative framework
- Responsibilities for safety at worksites
- Definitions related to roadworks signing
- Identifying traffic control devices and their functions
- Implementing traffic guidance schemes
- Record keeping
Part 2: Practical
- The course structure for new industry entrants is 1 day of classroom theory (8 hours) plus three practical set-ups. RudTek can organise the three practical set-ups for an additional $220, or students can source and organise these themselves. This course must be completed within a maximum period of three months.
NOTE: This course does not entitle a person to apply for a Control traffic with stop-slow bat Licence.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Trainees must have an appropriate level of learning, literacy and numeracy skills to undertake the training to become a traffic controller
Anyone working on a construction site (e.g. a roadway) to hold a White Card / Blue Card (Construction Safety Induction Card).
Successful participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plans and will be issued with a card.
Additional information for trainees
This training course requires a renewal every 3 years to remain current.
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1- Awareness. Certificate of Completion
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 2- Works Protection Methods. Certificate of Completion