TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION (F)
(Course Type: New Entrants)
This unit develops a participant’s skills and knowledge required to implement a traffic management plan in Civil construction. Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
On successful completion of the theory component and onsite practical exercise students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following units.
- RIIWHS302E – Implement Traffic Management Plan
|Traffic Management Implementation||18 November 2021||07:00 am - 03:30 pm||RudTek HQ||12||$290.00||
|Traffic Management Implementation||7 December 2021||07:00 am - 03:30 pm||RudTek HQ||12||$290.00||
This course is broken into two (2) parts:
Part 1: Theory
- A one (1) day trainer led session will take students through a power point and assessment workbook, this includes:group discussions, case studies, exercises and combined with two (2) simulated class practicals, focuses on traffic management implementation in QLD.
- The assessment is open book and will be completed gradually in stages as the day progresses. A 100% pass mark is required. Two (2) attempts at the theory component are permitted; trainer assistance is available for a second attempt.
Part 2: Practical
- Students are required to complete three (3) Traffic Guidance Scheme (TGS) set-ups on ‘live sites’.
- The TGS implementations are to be of a varying level of difficulty and different in nature, e.g. stop/slow, lateral shift, road closure, frequently changing, mobile works etc. A competent traffic management implementor (holder of a Traffic Management Implementation card) is required to sign off the student’s paperwork.
- RudTek can organise the three practical set-ups for an additional $110, or students can source and organise these themselves. This course must be completed within a maximum period of three (3) months from initial course date.
Course requirements for completion
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1- Awareness. Certificate of Completion
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 2- Works Protection Methods. Certificate of Completion
Award Issue and TMI Card
Once the participant has been deemed competent, and supplied the Certificate of Completion for the Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1 and Part 2 to RudTek will issue a Statement of Attainment (RIIWHS302D) and wallet sized QLD TMI card.
NOTE: A copy of the Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT) (Part 1 & 2) certificates must be provided to RudTek within three (3) months of “full” course attendance date and these are required prior RudTek issuing a QLD TMI card.
Follow us on social media
Suite 2.5 Ian Barclay Building, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury QLD 4107
p: (07) 3275 2039
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm
RTO No 31953
ABN 49 133 358 380
RudTek acknowledges the Jagera people as traditional owners of the land upon which the precinct is situated.