TRAFFIC CONTROL (F)
Please note: the QLD Dept. TMR Traffic Control Ready Reckoner ($30) is not included in the course cost.
On successful completion of the theory component and the currency of industry practice students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following units.
- RIIWHS205D – Control Traffic with Stop/Slow Bat
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
There is an additional fee payable (Click here to see the application fee) to the QLD Dept. TMR upon application for a three (3) year Traffic Controller Industry Authority (a base fee and a criminal history check fee – these costs are set by the QLD Dept. TMR.)
|Traffic Control||20 October 2020||07:00 am - 03:30 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||16||$500.00||
|Traffic Control||17 November 2020||07:00 am - 03:30 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||16||$500.00||
This course is broken into two (2) parts:
Part 1: Theory
- A one (1) day trainer led session, will take students through a power point and assessment workbook, this includes:group discussions, case studies, exercises and combined with two (2) simulated class practicals, focuses on traffic management implementation in QLD.
- The assessment is a Case Study Activity Assessment Sheet and will be completed gradually in stages as the day progresses. A 100% pass mark is required. Two (2) attempts at the theory component are permitted; trainer assistance is available for a second attempt.
Part 2: Practical
Students must complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of practical experience at roadwork sites under the direct supervision of an experienced, accredited traffic controller. In line with this, students are required to sign a ‘Placement Contract’ with RudTek and the student’s host placement Traffic Control Company. Students are required to attend placement hours and complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours within the timeframe specified in the Placement Contract (currently 90 days from course commencement). (Note: RudTek can provide placements for students)
- Students must hold a General Construction Safety Induction Card (White or Blue Card) prior to enrolling in this course
- Have held an open or provisional drivers licence within the past 5 years
- Students must have an appropriate level of learning, literacy and numeracy skills to undertake the training
- Complete a Traffic Controller Accreditation Scheme Application declaring your offence history, your medical fitness and your training qualifications
Additional information for trainees
Please note prior to registration you will need to complete a Traffic Controller Suitability Self Assessment. This self assessment is to ensure your physical and other abilities meet the requirements for the role of traffic controller. The criteria has been provided to determine the suitability of an applicant to productively carry out the duties of the position safely. This ensures there is no risk to the safety of other workers, the general public, equipment or products.
This training course requires a renewal every 3 years to remain current.
Interstate traffic controllers with current accreditation do not need to do this course but can complete the Traffic control – Renewal course instead.