This unit develops a participant’s skills and knowledge required to implement a traffic management plan in Civil construction.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
Truck Mounted Attenuator (TMA)
On successful completion of the theory component and onsite practical exercise students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following unit.
- RIIRTM301D – Operate a truck or trailer mounted attenuator
(Course Type: New Entrants)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate a truck or trailer mounted attenuator when carrying out traffic management activities in Civil construction. It includes planning and preparing, using radio communication, operating and positioning truck or trailer mounted attenuator, using traffic controls, and cleaning up.
An eight (8) hours (approx) theory + twenty (20) hours of onsite practical experience with a logbook.
Face-to-face theory is approximately eight (8) hours for theoretical and simulated practical component.
- Assessment of a persons knowledge and skills. The process will assist you with meeting your Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) obligations to deem staff competent to perform a task or operate TMA and/or equipment
- The process will require a short written (or oral) assessment of the critical knowledge components of the TMA equipment
Direct observation of practical applications of the activities is satisfactory, 20 hours on a log book, and will need copies of the following to support;
- completed pre-starts for each occasion
- site induction sign on’s
- Hold a current heavy or medium vehicle (HR or MR) Licence
- Hold a current Traffic Management Implementation Card (TMI)
- Hold a current General Construction Safety Induction Card