TRAFFIC CONTROL (R)
$180.00 full fee
Please note: the QLD Dept. TMR Traffic Control Ready Reckoner ($30) is not included in the course cost.
On successful completion of the theory component and the currency of industry practice students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following units.
- RIIWHS205D – Control Traffic with Stop/Slow Bat
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
There is an additional fee payable (Click here to see the application fee) to the QLD Dept. TMR upon application for a three (3) year Traffic Controller Industry Authority (a base fee and a criminal history check fee – these costs are set by the QLD Dept. TMR.)
|Traffic Control Renewal||14 July 2020||07:00 am - 12:00 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||15||$180.00||
|Traffic Control Renewal||18 August 2020||07:00 am - 12:00 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||16||$180.00||
|Traffic Control Renewal||15 September 2020||07:00 am - 12:00 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||16||$180.00||
|Traffic Control Renewal||20 October 2020||07:00 am - 12:00 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||16||$180.00||
|Traffic Control Renewal||17 November 2020||07:00 am - 12:00 pm||CTC, IBB, Suite 2.5, 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury||16||$180.00||
This course is broken into two (2) parts:
Part 1: Theory
- A approximately six (6) hour trainer led session, will take students through a power point and assessment workbook, this includes:group discussions, case studies, exercises and combined with two (2) simulated class practicals, focuses on traffic management implementation in QLD.
- The assessment is a Case Study Activity Assessment Sheet and will be completed gradually in stages as the day progresses. A 100% pass mark is required. Two (2) attempts at the theory component are permitted; trainer assistance is available for a second attempt.
Part 2: Practical
WHAT YOU MUST COMPLETE AND BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR COURSE
- Evidence of previous completion of RIIWHS205D Unit of Competency
- Currency of Industry Practice – CLICK HERE to download a copy
- Timesheets, work diaries or a letter from your employer
Students must hold a current QLD Traffic Control Licence in order to complete the course. A General Construction Induction Card (White or Blue Card) will also be required prior to enrolling in this course. It is desirable that students be able to communicate well and have sound literacy skills.
It is a requirement of TMR that Traffic Controllers renew their Industry Authority every 3 years. This is done by completing a renewal (refresher) course, and then reapplying for your Industry Authority with TMR.
To renew your traffic controller accreditation in Queensland, you will be required to successfully complete the Transport and Main Roads approved training program and demonstrate current competence as a traffic controller. Your traffic controller accreditation must be renewed every three (3) years.
This course is also open to interstate traffic controllers who hold a current accreditation and wish to apply for accreditation in Queensland.