Leadership & Management Passport
“The main difference between leaders and managers is that leaders have people follow them while managers have people who work for them. A successful business owner needs to be both a strong leader and manager to get their team on board to follow them towards their vision of success.”
Remember, Leaders lead people. Managers manage tasks. There is a difference. So what skill sets do managers and leaders need?
- MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS – To set priorities, delegate, motivate and develop your people, coach them to become top performers and communicate objectives and goals.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS – To get your point across, create a compelling presentation to support your goals and get buy-in for ideas, inspire others to achieve better results and demonstrate emotional intelligence.
- COLLABORATION SKILLS – So you can value and celebrate differences,
build rapport, form alliances and negotiate effectively.
- CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS – To approach problem solving logically, research options, avoid biases and focus on meaningful data to draw the right conclusions—even under pressure.
- FINANCE SKILLS – To weigh the dollars-and-cents implications of your decisions—including the ability to build a sound budget and formulate reasonable forecasts.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS – To grasp the scope and objectives of projects, recognize the roles and responsibilities of others, use PM tools to stay on track and become an effective member of a cross-functional team.
The Leadership & Management Passport by RudTek includes Courses, both accredited and non-accredited, and full qualifications that are delivered through a Learning & Assessment Pathway (LAP) or an Assessment Only Pathway (AOP).
Some of these are listed below:
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515)
- Certificate IV in Leadership & Management (BSB40215)
- Diploma of Leadership & Management (BSB51915)
- Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415)
- Diploma of Civil Construction Management (RII50415)